Thursday, September 9, 2010

US Visit: "In Newwww Yoooorrkkk..."

Warning: most of my pictures consist of me eating FOOD. Because next to my family, friends and traveling, I love love love food. Enjoy!


*cue Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind" song*...


Thus begins my epic adventure back home to the US. September was the best time for me to visit -- my Grandma and Mom's birthdays, the school year here in BF hasn't started yet, the weather isn't too cold back home, I just finished working PST, etc. etc.

So I flew out of Ouaga on September 6 and Kyle was on the same flight as me. Air France is seriously amazing -- unlimited wine and champagne! So the flight was Ouaga to Paris to New York.

Getting into New York was such a trip. I took the subway to our hotel on the West Side and eventually met up with Devin!! Long story short, we chatted it up like no other, walked around New York, shopped at H&M (!!), ate everywhere and just enjoyed each other's company in one of the greatest cities in the world (seriously, I wanna go to grad school in NYC). We even met these West Africans from Cote d'Ivoire at Times Square. They were speaking French and we couldn't resist talking to them!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...


First meal back home: chicken mcnuggets with sweet & sour sauce + fries + orange soda. Don't judge!


New York style pizza. It was great -- we'd just walk around, go with our gut and just eat.

Toasted plain bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. *drool*

Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Chinese soup in NYC Chinatown. Check out the lady hella mugging in the back! haha

New York MUST: frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's!

=)

NYC Subway. So efficient!

Overall, a very great transition back to the US. The first couple of hours were overwhelming because I was so fatigued from travel but after a while, I immediately acclimated to life back in the US. In short, I love the US. <3

1 comment:

MeganElizabeth said...

Aww cute pics Michael!! I bet you ate almost all the food they had in NY! I'm so glad you had a nice time on your visit! It was so great seeing you!! I hope the new school year is going well! xoxo