Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Colette comes to visit me at my site!

After almost two years of talking about it, Colette finally comes to visit me at my site! I'll let the pictures tell the story, but it was a great time showing Colette my neck of the woods in Burkina Faso. Talk about coming full circle!



Baltazar making the traditional African tea. Talk about a 12:00pm-3:00pm 'repos' ritual. Three glasses of tea and endless amounts of conversation! Note Hercules always by my side...awww...


At the market chez Valerie, where I buy most of my produce.


Why do the Burkinabè get so awkward the moment you whip out a camera? Note the woman to the right of this picture...


A view of the main road at my site.


With Boureima. I buy most of my things at his shop -- pasta noodles, mayonnaise, matches, candles, everything! I probably spent most of my money here.


Oranges! Although oranges here aren't necessarily orange as they are green...



Typical transport situation in Burkina Faso. This is the bus I usually take for long-distance travels. We're at a stop, and normally many women come to the side of the bus to sell all sorts of goodies!


Pelagie and Grace!



If you look back to a past blog entry I had where I visited Colette's site, you'll see that she too also has a similar set-up with the stove on the bottom and the Afrique wall decoration on the wall. Great minds think alike!



No comments: