I want to write another entry on the most amazing, drunken, cry-fest, laugh-fest farewell weekend but alas, I must save it for another day (hopefully with pictures)!
Anyway, communicating with me in Burkina Faso:
- Blog: http://mikeyberino.blogspot.com
Check this often! This will be my main way of communicating with you.
And please comment too!
- Mailing Address (during training): Michael Berino, PCT
S/c Corps de la Paix
01 B.P. 6031
Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso
- When sending letters:
- Always write “Par Avion/Air Mail”
- Send letters often and please number them so I know if I’m missing something (same goes with packages)!
- Use red ink when addressing my name (apparently, they’re superstitious in West Africa)
- Never mail postcards – put them in envelopes or I will not get them
- When sending packages:
- Do not be truthful on customs forms! Put “educational materials” or “hygiene products”
- Use padded envelopes as much as possible to cut the cost of fees on both ends
- If using a box, use the USPS flat rate boxes
- E-mail: ---------------
I’ll try to respond to e-mails. All of this depends on when I have Internet access (once a week, two weeks, month…who knows?). So your best bet to communicate with me is via blog comments and letters!
- Skype: ----------
- Cell Phone: Will let you know when I get one in country (check the blog!); I’ll probably only be able to communicate via texting and if I have reception where I am.
Again, thanks for all the love and support. Special thanks goes out to all of my loved ones (friends [especially all you cuties that came from LA] and family) that made it out to any of my farewell weekend activities. Truly, I am blessed and only wish the same for everyone else in the world. =)
Lastly, Mom and Dad...this one's for you!