First things first, I got a new mailing address! So send mail here instead of my Ouaga address. A few of us volunteers in my region got a PO box in our provincial capital, meaning I can check mail as often as once a week, making it a quick day trip!
Very simple! Please number letters/packages so I'll know if something's missing. And if you're sending packages, claim simple things on the Customs form, like "educational materials" or "personal hygiene supplies."
Aaaaand now, for my wish list!!
- LONG LETTERS with pictures (don't forget to number these!) - I wanna hear what's going on in your life and everyone else
- MAGAZINES! -- The Economist, Time, Newsweek, People, GQ (I need to know what's going on in the world!)
- SALTY SNACKS/etc.: Cheez-Its, Goldfishes, beef jerky/Slim Jim's, tuna (in aluminum, vacuumed sealed packets), small condiment packets (ketchup, parmesan cheese), Spam singles
- SWEET SNACKS/CANDY: Twix, Sour Patch Kids, plain M&M's, Snickers, Crunch, Heath Bar, caramel and nut chewy candies, gummy bears/worms, strawberry belts, Crystal Lite/Propel On-The-Go thin packets for bottled water, Almond Roca
- HEALTHY SNACKS: pretty much anything from Trader Joe's, especially dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apples, etc.), fruit leather, trail mix, granola bars (especially the Nature's Valley with the green packaging).
- FOR THE KIDS TO USE/ENCOURAGE THEM: thin coloring markers (Crayola, Pentel), stickers, hard candies (like Jolly Ranchers)
Bottom line: FOOD!! Magazines. Letters. Things for the kids to use for drawing/coloring and candies to give away.